Tuesday 22 September 2015

Devloping Ideas

After looking at my research, I came to a conclusion that majority of the data I found were what I had originally planned. For example, one of the answers that I got for the question "what type of music video do you like and why do you like it?" I had expected to get replies such as 'Hip-Hop' and 'RNB' which in-fact was what I received. However, I found something unexpected within a very few of the answers. I found answers like "I prefer to listen to Nasheeds" (a Islamic form of music) and "I only listen to Grime and Grime only" It was really interesting to know that the primary and secondary target audience that I distributed this music video questionnaire survey to have musical interest that I wasn't expecting.

Furthermore, I ask a question like this in my music video questionnaire survey "This music video is to create awareness of bullying not being acceptable what ideas can you suggest should be inputted?" The replies that I got were similar to the idea that I had in mind already. Initially gather up actors/actresses and get them to demonstrate real life bulling events that occurred in the past on the news or to demonstrate that bulling can come in any form or shape. Because the answers all resembled  the same this particular section of my primary and secondary audience research hasn't been impacted. Although, there was one answer that I stunned across on which I really like was to show. infer different ways and methods of stopping the bullies in a non- violent approach. This idea I really liked because yo don't see much "creating awareness of bullying topics" implement such actions. So this idea concept is something that I now plan to give the go-ahead as I personally pitched to my team why I agree this idea is so important for us to show in this creative way of creating awareness of bulling. Moreover, everyone apart of my team were really happy with this new improvement and are now fired up / motivated even more to make this m music video the best.

My predictions of the results I got were accurate. Some of them were really unexpected but did give me interesting pointers that I appreciate. I found creating this survey and getting feedback's very helpful and so worth doing which leads me onto a separate idea that I came up with. At the time gathering up people for a focus group was truly difficult as I couldn't focus group  my actors but had to find and locate my primary and secondary audience. At first this was an issue for me because I was extremely busy and didn't have the right amount of time to go records a focus group. Unfortunately. because I am someone who likes making all my work professional and up-to really high standards I need some time dedicated to the project. Therefore, I had to pro-long that idea for about three weeks in order to go all out with the recording and editing. So what I did in the mean-time was record focus interviews which involves me and the subject at hand find a visually appealing location and proceed with the interview there. This was a random idea that I made on my own but then got requested by the actors to make this into a series. Next thing you know it turns into a documentary. So all of this became extra posts and unfortunately can't be used in reference to the main focus group. However, it did help have an understanding on people thoughts as individuals.

Our / my target audience responded positively to the whole idea concept of creating awareness of bullying, in-fact they absolutely adored it as this hasn't been pulled of in a way that my team want to. I presented this to a wide variety of people about the K-POP scene and why it has a link with what I am projecting, they were really impressed. (K-POP / Who Are You: School 2015 / Angry Mom) are a few things that present bullying and demonstrate how it can affect a personal physiologically, mentally, physically, verbally and spiritually. The way they go about it as-well is so different to the westernized world and is particularly the main reason why I am so focused on the South-Korean bullying style because I think the way bullies bully over at South-Korea is very interesting.

I'll be shooting a scene in the 6th form center in which my main characters who are Caxie, Yvana, Fifi and Justnara see each other and the bullies Fifi and Justnara decide to crack open an egg on Caxie's head. This will be part of the story-line. At that very moment the clips will be varying through the 100% rate and 150-300% rate. In other words it will be slowed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment