Monday 15 February 2016

Bevin video in Anti Bullying Campaign

After finishing my final product much earlier than anticipated. Me and one of my external team members, Justnara, talked about loads of different ways to promote the product. All of them were to do with getting it noticed by different institutions and important people. The first big thing that had happened was that the video got noticed by an anti-bullying campaign, and few days later became the number 1 video on their homepage. As that was being worked upon Ernest Bevin College and I was negotiating as they found out about my work. 2 weeks later the anti-bullying music video with a strong message got onto three different sections of the Ernest Bevin College website. The most important section that it got is on their homepage right in the center of all there articles. This is an awesome thing for both the school, anti-bullying campaign and for me because all three of us are getting something out of it one way or another.

I've finished my final product before we was meant to ideally start shooting for the music video. However, in my case because my idea was covering a very important and a worldwide topic. Also, because I have a few actresses in my care that my project was moving quicker due to us generally being hardworking people. The final product was completed a few months before it's official due date. Anyway, it was published on the 1st of January 2016. It already has 200+ views and one of the actresses I was working with, Justnara Zaman is connected to a publisher for the anti-bullying-community. (abc) He absolutely loved the music video so much that he put it on the homepage! Now that is really amazing considering the music video has only been out for 3 days. The music video is a really creative and bubbly way to create awareness of bullying. "No one really wants to read a newsletter or leaflet about bullying. Although, it is still good to create awareness by using them, a music video is a much better way to inform a mass audience

PS: One thing that I did with this project that wasn't part of the criteria for my A2 Media Studies, was that I included external materials which I produced all based around creating awareness of bullying. This wasn't something that I had to do but I chose to do it because I love creating content for my YouTube channel, so I thought to myself since I'll be working on this topic for a whole year why not produce a pack of content for my A2 Media Studies? With that came a lot of new material such as the first one which was a little 3 episode series type thingy. It involved me asking people in my team what they thought about bullying etc. I also worked on a documentary on one of my cast who actually was bullied in the past. So I got an exclusive story from her and how she felt and why she thought that happened. Whilst I was asking her about her story I also did ask her about her thoughts on how she feels working with other girls and playing the bullying role. She was so excited to meet them! After that I made a video after every single shoot that me and my cast did. The reason why we did it was because we wanted to make a lot of memories so no matter where and what we do in the future we have all of these videos to watch back and remember quality times.

Here is the image:
Link to EBC: http://www.ernestbevin.org.uk/
Link to anti-bullying campaign: http://www.antibullyingcommunity.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment