Friday 29 January 2016

Audience

What do you believe your audience's expectations to be of your video?

I believe that a lot of different types of target audience groups will be really inspired by my music video. This could be for several reasons; including it being beneficial for schools because its about anti-bullying. So teachers will be really pleased with the music video as it has a very positive message. It's not a song that should be glamorized but rather it should be a song used to educate the minds of young people. So I do really believe that it can target audiences that weren't particularly the target group the music video is being aimed at. Also, I can back this information up by the assemblies that I did in my school in which I presented to different year groups from year 7,8,10,11,12 & 13's and by experimenting with different ways to approach the assembly I found that literally from the youngest year groups to the oldest were absolutely engaged and loved the music video. This was fantastic because it just goes to show you that the age gap between the youngest years to the elders are really not much different when it comes to understanding what's right and what's wrong. This could be for many different reasons but overall the data gathered suggests that a lot of students found the music video to be empowering.

How are you planning to fulfill their expectations whilst working within your particular constraints of budget, time and equipment?

I believe that budget is very important if you need props or if you need to pay anyone to be apart of your work. However, in my case the budget wasn't needed as I strictly focused on time and equipment. Essentially time was the most essential part that I particularly focused on the most. I'm not trying to say that budget and equipment aren't so important. We all know how important the equipment department is as without it you cannot capture anything or edit. But ultimately I focused on time as I already have all the expensive equipment covered and as for budget I was never planning to spend on any props besides maybe a bucket and lunch with all my actresses. Why time was really essential for me was because I was working with 5 girls from different locations. Some live 1-2 hours away from the shooting location and some closer. So I had to work out arrangements and dates for specific actresses to come and do filming on specific days and how many times they need to come for filming. Also, knowing me I always make my work professional. I never create any content that isn't professional due to the fact that I know how things work so why should I not make it high standards?

How do you plan to tailor your video in order to fit the expectations of most, if not all, of your target audience? 

Well I'll be honest with you. What I tend to do is not rely on any transitions whatsoever. I'm talking about transitioning randomly throughout the music video. If I do it would not be a preset transitioning. I would only use preset transitioning or I would use key frames to create the transition from scratch for the beginning clip and the very last clip of the sequence. As for randomly transitioning in-between cuts I have external sources which I use to create very complicated transitions. Other than that I would pretty much make sure everything is perfectly synced with each other that goes for both visuals and audio. Moreover, I believe that clean cuts are better to use than transitions. Especially for my music video as it's like a Korean drama. In big television shows you don't see constant transitions happening throughout and if there are then its most likely a complicated one.

What do you think your audience will particularly like about your video?

I think that the boys will really like the rapping sections of the music video. Why I think this will be is because I've already hosted it to an all boys school and all of the boys always have something positive to say about the rapper. Considering that almost if not all of them listen to rap music. Also I think that the ending section of the music video will be really liked as well as the victim stands up for herself. Again something that both the students and teachers have picked on which they found fantastic.

Is there anything that you are planning that is a potential risk? How might your audience react?

The most intense scene we did was when the victim gets an egg cracked on her head. It really does shock people because its pretty extreme. However, eggs are good for the hair and the victim was more than thrilled to go ahead with that scene as she strongly believed that bullying is not cool at all. As for scenes which the bully physically touches the victim there wasn't much risk at all in actually harming our actresses. I had to make sure that my actresses were okay at all times and not hurt. Everyone apart of this project absolutely loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment