Monday 8 February 2016

Album Artwork / Digipak

These are different parts to the digipak. I thought it would be nice to have the actresses face be placed in the middle section of my album set. As you can see these are three of the most important characters in the music video that represent the message I'm trying to get across to my target audience. We have the manipulative one, Justnara who has power over her friend physiologically. We then have the physical brute Fifi who is being bullied herself unconsciously without knowing it first hand. It's a very clever and intelligent method that a lot of clever students pursue just because they think more nowadays. This idea originated for me whilst watching a Korean school drama: Who Are You School 2015 which is fantastic and brilliant with the ways it shows students being bullied in their country. I wanted to add my own twist to it as they only scratched a bit of the idea they implanted. So I wanted to progress with the idea but in more depth to really reach the hearts of the people.

Fifi is character that is unaware of being bullied. However, is intensely bullying Caxie a honour student that is just clearly trying to focus on getting an excellent education and just generally wanting to learn more information about the world as we speak. During this period of bullying Caxie day after day in school it will naturally lead a student to deaths door. However, Caxie is no ordinary student. There's only so far you can take her until she will burst with emotions of how she's feeling about this problem.
Caxie is a honour student just wanting to be educated for family reasons. She has strong goals and wants to have a successful career and marriage life in the future. However, is currently being tested to the limits by Fifi and Justnara who just consider insulting her a joke and fun activity for them. Although, Caxie considers this wrong and unacceptable of anyone going to the extremes of cracking a raw egg on ones head and laughing about the situation. Caxie sets her mind at ease by confronting these bullies and telling them off. She clearly states to them that what they just did she isn't going to let slide by. However, considering Justnara is manipulative would she get much blame over the physical brute Fifi? You'll have to wait and see!

This is an album artwork that I designed for my song 'Reset'. I will be performing my own original song for my A2 Media Music Videos. I decided to go for a really artistic and creative look. I came up with different ideas to represent the meaning of the song. Some information about my song. 'Reset' is a song that I writ for a school life. Mainly picking out subjects that occur in every school. The very main topic I establish in this song is bullying. A very strong and sensitive subject that always happens. Mainly I'm speaking towards the females in this song rather than generalising the whole sector.  The whole point of the song is to create awareness of bullying, and you know point out the things that are from the victims perspective. It's a really powerful and positive song. Me and one of my female friends had debates over this topic and thought to ourselves that we should tackle this topic. And we thought music is a really great way to spread awareness of bullying. I rendered myself out from a recent photoshoot that I did with a company. I created multiple duplicates of myself on a masked layer, and contrasted myself with two other images that I took in my spare time. I used the darker colour in the picture which is green to represent the person who wants to reset the way they did things. Then the lighter colour which is white and light blue to represent the same person but living a much more lovable life. So it's basically the same person but set in different environments and backgrounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment